Contents of this article:
- What is UnityPD?
- 4-minute video explaining UnityPD
- What it Covers
- How to use UnityPD
- Coaching Pathways
- Tracking your Progress
- Administrator Visibility
What is UnityPD?
UnityPD is a unified professional development solution for teachers at every stage of their career. Leveraging powerful video technology, UnityPD brings together everything research shows is needed to make a difference in classrooms, from evidence-based theory & models to developing powerful techniques and supporting effective transfer to practice.
4-minute video explaining UnityPD
What it Covers
UnityPD is broken down into 7 topics.
Each topic then has 7 pathways to choose from.
How to use Unity PD
Select the topic you wish to learn about, then select a Pathway.
You will then see the following pop-up, explaining a pathway will be made for you to work through.
Once you click Start, the pathway will be created for you to work through.
Below is an example of a pathway:
Each Pathway has 5 main sections
1. This section shows the title of your Pathway and which topic you're studying. The blue bar below shows a visual representation of your progress.
2. This shows the structure of the pathway. You can use this to see what page you are on and to navigate to different pages. However, we recommend using the 'next' button in section 5 to move onto the next page. You can also choose between your Pathway and the Theory component at the top of the section.
3. This is the framework section of the pathway. Here, you can view the associated Reflections and Assignments. You can also view the members of this Pathway, and as an admin can add users and make changes.
4. This is the main part of the pathway. It shows the content of the page you are currently on.
5. The < Prev and Next > buttons are used to move you to the next page in the pathway.
Coaching Pathways involve two users. One is the Coach and the other is the Coachee. For these Pathways, the user who will be the Coach instigates the process by inviting the Coachee to the pathway using the drop-down search box. You can only invite users from the same platform organization.
Tracking your Progress
You can see your progress of each pathway you have created on your Home page.
Also on the main page of each topic, you will be able to see your progress. You can click 'Resume' to continue working through the pathway.
Once you have completed a pathway it will show as 'Completed'. The pathways are designed to that you can revisit them using the 'Review' button, or start it again with the 'Start New' button.
This will then create a new Pathway with a different name so you can build up a record of your professional development.
The main page of the topic will then show you your progress.
When you complete a Pathway, you will receive a certificate via email as a record of the learning that you achieved from using UnityPD.
The certificates should usually be with you within 3 days however if you haven't received yours please contact email@example.com
Example of a certificate:
Admin users have access to a dashboard via the admin panel.
On this dashboard, administrators can see all the pathways that are active or completed.
They can filter by Progress, Topic, or Type.