IRIS Connect is primarily a tool to enable teachers to reflect on their practice to support their professional development. However, there are many powerful uses for video within the education context. As such, we are happy to support full access accounts for authorised students to reflect on their learning e.g in practical subjects.
This feature is to allow the use of IRIS Connect and secure video recording to support learners in their studies with the approval of the school/college.
To request this feature
To enable this we will:
- Create a separate organisation on the platform for full access student accounts
- This will require a member of staff to be the administrator to monitor uploads in line with the platform’s EULA
- The college/school will sign the below statement confirming they will act as guarantor for the pupils if under 18
- Create a collaboration network between the pupil organisation and your organisation on the platform to enable 1-2-1 sharing
Example Code of Conduct from the IRIS Connect EULA
- When using the system you agree to the following rules of conduct
- You agree that the purpose of the system is professional development, educational research and learning development, consequently you will ensure:
- That all uploaded content is appropriate, non-intrusive and aligned with the purpose
- That recording equipment is positioned such that it’s visible, safely located and unlikely to record sensitive or inappropriate content
- When recording, remind those around you that the IRIS Connect camera is present in the room and the purpose of recording video and audio
- To act in a professional manner at all times, to not use the system to bully or intimidate other users or data subjects
- To exclusively use the system in a way that is aligned with the purpose
- The IRIS Connect system records video and audio and provides a secure environment for analysis and collaboration. You agree to maintain the security and integrity of the system by:
- Refraining from inappropriate sharing of data
- Maintaining system security at all times. You may not disclose your password to anyone or allow anyone to use your password to access the system. You may not obtain, attempt to obtain, use or attempt to use the password of anyone else. You are responsible for remembering your account information and password.
- Discussing data subject’s identity or behaviour in the wrong context may be harmful to the individual. You agree to maintain appropriate professional confidentiality regarding the videos and other content you have accessed at all times