This Vulnerability Management Plan provides the strategic and tactical approach for identifying, classifying, remediating, and mitigating vulnerabilities within IRIS Connect's IT systems.
2. Roles and Responsibilities
- Vulnerability Management Team (VMT): The VMT oversees the implementation of this plan. This team includes members from IT, cybersecurity, and other relevant business units.
- Employees: All employees are required to comply with vulnerability management policies and procedures.
3. Identification of Vulnerabilities
- Regular Scanning: IRIS Connect will use automated vulnerability scanning tools to regularly identify vulnerabilities in its systems and applications.
- Penetration Testing: At least annually, a qualified third party will perform penetration testing to uncover potential vulnerabilities.
4. Classification of Vulnerabilities
- The VMT will classify vulnerabilities according to their severity based on factors such as the potential impact, exploitability, and the criticality of the affected system.
- Patch Management: The VMT will implement a structured patch management process to apply necessary updates to systems and applications in a timely manner.
- System Configuration: If a vulnerability is related to system configuration, the VMT will make necessary adjustments following industry best practices.
- In cases where immediate remediation is not feasible, the VMT will identify and implement measures to reduce the risk, such as enhancing monitoring of the affected systems or restricting access.
- The VMT will communicate regularly with internal stakeholders, informing them about ongoing vulnerability management efforts and any actions required from their end.
- In case of severe vulnerabilities affecting customer data or systems, IRIS Connect will promptly inform affected parties and regulatory bodies as required by UK law.
- All employees will undergo regular training to ensure they understand their role in vulnerability management, including safe computing practices and how to report potential vulnerabilities.
9. Regular Review and Continuous Improvement
- The VMT will review this plan at least annually or after a significant incident. The review will assess the effectiveness of the plan and make necessary adjustments to address changes in the organization's systems or threat landscape.
This Vulnerability Management Plan aims to provide a structured approach to managing vulnerabilities, thus strengthening the cybersecurity posture of IRIS Connect and protecting the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of our services.