Contents of this article:
What are Student Accounts?
A Student Account allows users to access content via Student Groups, but does not allow students to upload, view, or share reflections or other content.
Student Accounts can:
- Change password
- Change profile picture
- Change email notification preferences
- Request access to or join open student groups
- View content on published group pages
- Review and comment on a reflection shared to a student group
- Download attachments from reflections or group pages
- Participate in discussions
Student Accounts cannot:
- Change their first name, last name, email or username
- Record, upload, edit or share reflection
- Upload or share any content or files to a student group
- Manage student group or its users
- Receive a 1-2-1 share
Student Account View
This is what a student account will look like when they log on. It is a much simpler view of the IRIS Connect platform with limited capabilities as outlined above.
Creating Student Accounts
Student accounts do not reduce the allocated user licence count for your organisation.
When creating a student account manually via the Create User + button, select Student for the user type.
If you are using CSV file to create multiple student accounts at once, it is important to enter Student under Licence type.