The below applies to both Discovery Kit and Starter Kit
What are the internet connection requirements?
– We recommend a minimum of 4-5MBps upload speed. This is based upon a 'medium' resolution being used. Users are able to increase the recording quality but are notified that this isn't recommended on slower connections.
– The Discovery kit system will create a file of about 600MB for a 1-hour lesson, which will upload in around 30 minutes at the above speed.
What are the network/wireless requirements?
– You will need a wireless network connection to authenticate your login details (first time only) when logging onto the IRIS Connect app and when uploading recordings and updating the app.
– You may need to allow some of our URLs through your internet filtering if we find they are being blocked. See URL list here
How much storage does the system require?
Once the upload has been completed the app will automatically delete the file.
– The tablets have 32GB memory meaning you can record up to 20 hours of lessons on medium quality resolution, before needing to upload
– The web platform is cloud-based and therefore managed entirely offsite from your school so videos can be accessed by users anywhere, at any time.
How long does installation/setup take?
Our support team will ensure that your IRIS Connect system is set up correctly, providing support and advice over the phone, via email and online chat. We provide install guides and test the system with you before signing off the install. Installations are often as quick as typically between 10-30 minutes.
How are software updates released?
As our kitd uses our IRIS Connect Record app, all you need to do is allow any update as we release them. If devices are set up to update automatically then you shouldn't need to do anything
Is the kit secure? Are files stored locally?
Yes, the system is designed with data security in mind. The Record app encrypts the temporarily stored video file before automatically uploading it to the users' IRIS Connect account, before deleting the file from the device. For more information about our security measures please see here.
With a Discovery Kit is it possible to use just one device when recording?
Yes, whilst two cameras are provided in the kit you can just use one camera to record. Make sure to use the corresponding paired microphone (green camera - green microphone, blue camera - blue microphone)
What's the best way to set up the cameras and microphones in the room?
Do I need to use the supplied microphone when recording?
Both the Discovery Kit and Starter Kit include additional microphones that are far superior to the internal microphones on the tablets. However, if you are not able to use the microphone (if it's run out of battery for example) you can record without it. See this device placement article which covers only using a camera
How do I pair the cameras/microphones?
To pair the 2 cameras together look at our Discovery Kit pairing guide
To pair a Bluetooth microphone look at this guide
Should I set a passcode on the devices?
Setting a passcode means that the device is more secure as it is less likely to be stolen. However, if the device is shared with other users then you will need to consider how you will communicate the passcode to all the relevant people so they can use the device.