You are able to use Chromebooks with the Record app however:
1) We are unable to test all the different Chromebooks and operating software versions and have very few users using them, so we have done less development of the app to support them that other devices. Therefore where possible we advise users to access a supported mobile device such as an Android or Apple tablet or phone.
2) If you are planning on using a Chromebook we recommend ensuring the recording, including the functionality of any peripheral devices such as a Bluetooth microphone or USB webcam is working correctly before trying to a real recording.
3) Always ensure the IRIS Connect Record app and the Chromebook operating software is fully up to date before any recording.
Using the Record app
1) Download the Record app from the Playstore - search for IRIS Connect Record (You may need your administrator to install the app if it is controlled by a central administrator)
2) Run the app, allowing access to the permissions as usual
If using a Bluetooth microphone you will need to ensure that the audio input device is changed under the Chromebook's audio settings once paired to the device.
Our app won't show the usual green icon when the microphone is connected and selected. The icon will remain grey
4) If using a USB webcam you will need to ensure that the USB camera is selected under the Chromebook's settings
1) Your Chromebook may only have one camera so you may not be able to select back camera from the camera settings in the app
2) The inbuilt webcam may be low quality so you may want to use a USB webcam