This article includes:
- What is a Paired/Dual Recording?
- Pairing Troubleshooting
What is a Paired/Dual Recording?
A dual recording enables you to pair two devices to capture two views of the same room.
Example of a dual recording.
By pairing the devices together:
- The videos are combined
- The start and stop controls are mirrored so you can control both devices from either
- The start is synchronized so the devices start recording at the same time
To pair devices, both devices:
- Need to have Bluetooth enabled
- Have the Record App open
How to Pair
Open the pairing menu on one of the devices.
Note: on the iOS (Apple) version of the app you will see this extra screen, Tap Video.
Providing the pairing requirements are met on both devices you should see the device you want to pair to listed on the available devices section.
Tap the device name and after a few seconds, a pop up will appear on the second device.
Accept the pairing and the devices will pair.
After the initial pairing has been set the devices will remember these details and automatically pair with each other.
One device will be nominated as the primary device (this will be indicated by the device pairing icon having a white ring around it)
The primary is set by the device which is logged into Personal Mode. If both or neither are in personal mode then the primary is set depending on which device initiated the pairing.
- The camera resolution will be set by the primary device
- If either device has anonymisation mode enabled it will set this on the other device too
- If either device is logged in it will send these credentials to the other device and log it in so it is ready to record
Any changes to camera resolution or anonymisation will be mirrored over to the paired device.
Changing User Account When Paired
Logging out of either device will make the other device send the credentials to log it back in.
To change the user account, close the app of the secondary device then log out of the primary and log in to a different account and then relaunch the IRIS Connect Record app on the secondary device.
How to check if the devices are paired
The pairing icon is found on the right side of the screen. This icon will turn green when the devices are paired. Tap the icon for pairing information such as what device it is currently paired to and what other devices are available.
If you want to change the device that the device is paired to, open the pairing menu and tap on the
the available device you want to pair to.
To stop the devices from pairing/attempting to pair, open the pairing menu and tap the Forget device button.
If the primary device has insufficient battery or space:
- The recording will not start (you will need to start the recording from the secondary device)
- The primary device will stop recording and the secondary device will carry on until stopped by the user or runs out of battery or space
If the secondary device has insufficient battery or space:
- The recording will only start on the primary device
- The secondary device will stop recording and the primary device will carry on until stopped by the user or runs out of battery or space
If you are having any issues pairing follow these steps:
1) Ensure the pairing requirements are met
2) Try closing the pairing menu and reopening it - this refreshes the view
3) Hard quit the Record apps on both devices and relaunch
4) Turn off and on the Bluetooth on both devices
5) Restart the devices
6) Contact IRIS Connect support