The list below should help get you off on the right foot.
Contents of this article:
- Circulate the Rationale and Guidance document to users
- Nominate an Organisation Administrator
- Accounts Created
- GDPR Compliance
- Safeguarding Considerations
- Communication to Parents
Circulate the Rationale and Guidance document to users
This article is a template that can be updated and used to provide introductory guidance to staff using IRIS Connect.
You should add to it:
- If there is a specific organisation or departmental focus.
- What considerations there are with regard to your internal policies such as data security (password requirements) or data retention (length of time recordings can be kept for).
- What devices users can use.
- Any safeguarding processes they need to be aware of when using IRIS Connect.
Devices and Installation
Discovery Kit/Starter Kit
If you have purchased one of our recording kits then our technical support team will be in contact to check you have completed the installation steps and to answer any questions.
If you are using BYOD or your organisation's own devices then you will want to:
- Install the record app and test that uploading and playback aren't blocked. See our installation guides.
- Review if you need to update any internal policies such as your BYOD policy. See our example template BYOD policy.
- Consider purchasing a Bluetooth microphone and tripod to enable better quality recordings to be captured.
Communicate to users
You will need to communicate to the users what devices they are able to use.
Make it clear that users must use the IRIS Connect Record app.
Nominate an Organisation Administrator
Each organisation needs an administrator to oversee usage. Further details about this role can be found here.
The Organisation Agreement specifies the responsibilities for administrators.
If your organisation is using IRIS Connect as part of a programme, then accounts will be created by the programme provider. There may be additional steps for you to complete, however. Please see here.
If you need to create user accounts please see the guide for creating users here.
The IRIS Connect system has a number of measures you can take to manage safegaurding requirements. Make sure these are communicated to the users and they are aware of any specific considerations that your organisation and its members have.
Communication to Parents
If you decide to communicate the use of IRIS Connect to parents you may find this template useful.