This article will show you how to access and review a Reflection from your Reflections library. Your library is accessed via your personal account on the IRIS Connect platform and will display all the Reflections that you have created or that have been shared with you.
- Step-by-step Instructions
- FAQs and Troubleshooting
TIP: Brand new to IRIS Connect? Try this platform tutorial instead.
We recommend completing the 'Reflection Tools' tutorial in the platform 'Can We Help?' side bar. This will guide you through all the basics of using a Reflection.
What is a Reflection?
A Reflection on the IRIS Connect platform is made up of a video, or videos, and any supporting resources that are attached to it.
The review page for a Reflection allows you to:
- add time-stamped comments for contexualised notes and feedback,
- add supporting documents as attached files,
- link forms for wider analysis,
- clip segments of the video to save as separate clips (if you are the owner),
- share reflections (if you are the owner),
- upload additional videos or create a screen capture (if you are the owner).
This guide focuses on accessing and playing a video within a Reflection.
1. Select the Reflection
Access your Reflections library
Use the navigation pane at the top of your platform page to navigate to your personal Reflections library.
Select the Reflection you wish to access
From your Reflections library, identify the Reflection you would like to use. If you have many pages of Reflections, you may find the filter tools on the left-hand side are useful.
Select Review to go to that Reflection's review page.
2. Using the video player
Features of the player
From the menu at the base of the video player you can:
- play and pause the video
- skip back (rewind) 10 seconds
- alter the volume of the player
- identify the timestamp and overall duration of the video
- use the scrubber bar to move the video along and back
- select alternative audio tracks (if the video has multiple tracks available)
- toggle the comments feed to show as captions while the video plays
- access the settings cog, allowing you to alter the playback speed
- toggle the video to play in fullscreen